|Crop||Target Pest||Formulation concentration|
|Cotton||Aphid, Jassids, Thrips, Whitefly, Spodoptera, Spotted bollworm, Pink Bollworm, American bollworm||1000 ml/ha|
1. Being broad spectrum insecticide it can control sucking biting chewing pests.
2. It exhibits rapid action.
3. It has greater effectiveness against all Lepidopterean pests.
4. Due to higher persistence value it remains effective for longer durations.
5. More resistant to washing off due to rain water.
6. Relatively cost effective.
7. Less waiting period between last spray and harvest.
1. Chlorpyrifos : Non-systemic insecticide with contact ingestion and vapor action.
2. It affects the nervous system by inhibiting the breakdown of acetylcholine (ACh) a neurotransmitter. When insects are exposed Chlorpyriphos binds to the active site of the cholinesterase (ChE) enzyme which prevents breakdown of ACh in the synaptic cleft leading to paralysis & eventually death of treated insect.
3. Cypermethrin : Non-systemic insecticide with contact and stomach action.
4. Kill pests by making the pests stop eating.
5. Works on the nervous system of insects and disrupts the nervous system.
No specific antidote is known. Treat symptomatically