|Crop||Target Pest||Formulation concentration|
|Wheat||Chenopodium album Fumaria parviflora Melillotus alba Vicia sativa Asphodelus tenuifolius Convolvulus arvensis||0.85-1.30 ltr|
|Maize||Trianthema monogyna||0.86 ltr|
|Sorghum||Amaranthus sp.Tribulus terristeris Boerhaavia diffusa Euphorbia hirta Portulaca oleracea||3 ltr|
|Potato||Cyperus sp.||3.5 ltr|
|Sugarcane||Cyperus iria Digera arvensis Convolvulus arvensis Trianthema sp.Tridax procumbens||6.3 ltr|
|Aquatic weeds||Euphorbia hirta Phyllanthus niruri.||0.85-1.70 ltr|
|Non crop area||Chenopodium album Asphodelus tenuifolius Anagalis arvensis Convolvulus arvensis Cyperus iria Portulaca oleracea.||4.50 ltr|
1. The active ingredient 2 4 D dimethyl amine is a phenoxycarboxylic acid group
2. It is a broad spectrum and selective herbicide so kills only target weeds without damaging the main crop.
3. It is a systemic herbicide with multiple site of action.
4. It is a post-emergence herbicide for the control of annual and perennial broadleaf weeds in wide range of crops.
5. Apart from broad leaf weeds these also effectively control the Cyperus sp.
6. It is rapidly absorbed by leaves and roots of treated plants.
7. It is translocated and accumulate into the growing points and acts as a growth inhibitor.
8. It is compatible with other commonly used chemicals.
9. It gives a longer duration control
10. The movement of 2 4-D is strongly influenced by the age of weeds and assimilates. Movement will be slower in older weeds than seedling and young plants.
11. The weeds that are sprayed with this herbicide start yellowing and eventually dry up and die.
12. This herbicide does not cause phytotoxics in plants if used as directed.
13. This herbicide is easy to dissolve in water and does not interfere with spraying equipment
1. It is selective and systemic herbicide of phenoxycarboxylic group.
2. It is a synthetic auxin (Plant Hormones) works by causing uncontrolled cell division.
3. Abnormal increases in cell wall plasticity biosynthesis of proteins and production of ethylene occur in plant tissues which leads to uncontrolled cell division.
4. These uncontrolled unsustainable growth ensues causing stem curl-over leaf withering and eventual plant death.
No specific antidote is known. Treat symptomatically